Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My Philosophy

This blog is really my avenue to say what I think, when I think it. I love to read, watch tv/movies, and listen to music.  So, this little slice of the web that's all mine is really about saying what I think about the things I see, read, and hear.

I was reading again the review I wrote about the Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson when I realized that I really just jumbled through the book really quickly.  This is why: I absolutely LOVE to read. One of my biggest pet peeves is when I go searching for advice on whether or not a book is a good one, only to end up reading what's essentially just an abridged version of the book.  That's not what I'm looking for. So, that's not what I'm going to write.  I'll try as hard as a I can to just get the main point across, sparing as many details as I can so as to not ruin the adventure that each book offers to its reader.

I'm the same way when it comes to TV or movies.  I cannot watch TV shows out of order. Once I decide I like a show, maybe from catching it once on TV or hearing about it, I start right from the beginning. I do not like things to be spoiled, at all.  One of my best friends, M, she loves to have things spoiled. Every time I tell her to read a book or watch a movie, she wants to know everything that happens. It drives me insane! I get so attached to what's happening that I really don't want to know what comes next. I want everything to be as big of a surprise to me as it was to the character.

So, readers of mine, please see this place for what it is. It's a place for me to share my love with everyone who comes across it. I want to get you excited about a book or movie, but I don't want to tell you everything that happens. Where's the fun in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment