Tuesday, October 25, 2011

random thoughts

So, I was driving home from Wal-Mart today after a futile search for pumpkins (why I always wait until only a couple days before Halloween is beyond me), when I heard Nickelback's song "If today was your last day" come on the radio.  It got me thinking that there are innumerable songs about this concept of what would you do if you were going to die soon.

Now, I get the sentiment. The whole, live your life to the fullest, don't regret anything, never forget to tell the people you love that you love them, etc. But, it sure seems like the music industry is beating a dead horse with this one. I mean, just off the top of my head I can think of tons of songs about dying young or living life, or what you'd do with one more day.  The Band Perry, Kris Allen, the above mentioned Nickelback, even Michael Jackson.  They all say the same thing.

What are your thoughts? Are there some concepts that are just completely overdone in the industry? Or can artists really find a way to make this age old concept relevant and original?

No comments:

Post a Comment