Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ignorance - Paramore



Aside from the fact that I absolutely love Paramore all the time, this song really hits me.

It's really about Paramore, as a group. It's about how Hayley can't escape the spotlight, but she still tries to shine it on her band-mates. She's singled out and judged all on her own, while everyone else basically forgets the rest of the band. They obviously don't like that and probably push back on Hayley from the other side. It's actually interesting, because for most bands, I can't even name anyone but the lead. Only in my favorite bands could I recognize the other dudes/ladies.

I see something else in this as well, in just the song. The idea that you can be best friends, and super close, and then things change and one of you can't accept that. Friendships can be ruined over little things, or huge things (like with Paramore). People change, and we grow up, and it's perfectly natural. Some people just don't like change, and you can't let them bring you down.

All in all, I love this song. I love the acoustic version, too. That version lets you focus more on the words and meaning of the song, but this version is my favorite. I love the music of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment